logo 3

What Do You Need to Look for When Choosing a Plumber or Gas/Heating Engineer?


Is the plumber qualified to carry out the work? All gas engineers must be Gas Safe registered, and must carry their Gas Safe ID card at all times. You can check if an engineer is Gas Safe registered by clicking on the following Gas Safe logo:

0800 111 999

or call:

A.CARD LOGOS-page0001

Customer Care

The engineer should be friendly and polite, and make you feel at ease. You should feel under no obligation to have the work carried out.


You should not have to make a payment until the job is done, unless it is for a larger job (over £500), which requires a 50% deposit, and the balance to be paid in full upon completion, unless otherwise agreed.


It is worth finding out whether the company or individual has insurance to cover your property in case anything goes wrong. If in doubt ask to see their policy, or check with their insurance company. Click on the red button below to find out why insurance is essential.


Does the plumber guarantee their work, and if so for how long? If not, ask yourself why?

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player